Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I be concerned that my personal info is published on the Internet?
- Where do companies acquire my personal information?
- Do companies profit from publishing my personal data on the Internet?
- How much does it cost to join YourPrivacyRights.org?
- How many people have their identity stolen annually?
- Do you have a list of companies involved in publishing personal data on the Internet?
- Are the companies involved in publishing personal data on the Internet regulated?
- How will joining YourPrivacyRights.org benefit me?
- Can I have my personal data removed from the Internet?
- How many people are affected by scams and fraud annually?
- Do you have a scam/fraud alert?
- When I become a member of YourPrivacyRights.org, is my personal information confidential?
- How can I help YourPrivacyRights.org?
- Can I report scams/frauds to YourPrivacyRights.org?
- Can I maka a donation to help YourPrivacyRights.org?
- Can joining YourPrivacyRights.org make a difference?
- Can I send in suggestions or comments?
Easy access to your personal data published on the Internet makes you and your family an easy target for identity theft, scams and fraud, stalking etc.
When you become a member, you can view a directory of all the different sources that are being used to acquire your personal data.
Absolutely! These companies are generating billions of dollars annually from publishing your personal data on the Internet, through the use of advertising and fee based memberships.
There is no charge to become a member of YourPrivacyRights.org. All of our funding comes from voluntary donations.
Approximately 20 million people annually become victims of identity theft
Yes. When you become a member you can view a directory of all of the companies who are publishing personal data on the Internet
No, there are currently no federal or state laws governing these companies.
When you join you become part of a national privacy network of individuals dedicated to changing the laws to protect everyones privacy.
When you become a member your name is automatically forwarded to the offending companies, requesting your name, along with all our other members, be removed. This process is repeated monthly. However, the best solution is to change the federal privacy laws so that your information can't be published without your consent - and if your personal data is published, there will be strict fines and penalties imposed.
Each year, the Federal Trade Commission reports that more than 3 million people fall victim to scams or fraud with losses in the billions of dollars.
Yes. When you become a member you will start receiving scam/fraud alerts on the newest scams, so you can stay one step ahead of the scammers.
We will not, under any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission, including public organizations, corporations or individuals, except when applicable by law. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists.
Become a member. Educate others about the dangers of having their personal data published on the Internet. Share our site on social media to spread awareness.
Absolutely! You can report scams/frauds to us and we will share them with our members to spread awareness. As a member you can also post them on our members only forum.
Yes, you can click here to make a donation. All donations are greatly appreciated and are used to pay for our operating costs.
Absolutely! Your voice and opinions are powerful. Members of congress are elected to represent all of our concerns. If you believe, like millions of other Americans do, that your personal information should be confidential, then please consider joining YourPrivacyRights.org. You can make a difference!
Yes! We want to hear what you have to say. Suggestions and comments are always appreciated. Send us an email.